The US launched further attacks on Iran in the south of the country.


The United States has launched a fresh attack on Iran after President Donald Trump said he would “hit them again” following Tuesday night’s exchange of fire.

Iranian state media reported explosions in some southern parts of the country, including the port cities of Sirik and Brook Abbas on the coast of Hormuz.

After the latest attacks, Trump posted on TruthSocial: “This is in retaliation for yesterday’s bombing of Iranian ships. If it happens again, it will be much worse!” He said.

Iran has not yet commented, but senior officials have previously warned that any attack from the US would be met with an “immediate response”.

US Central Command (CENTCOM) said the attack was carried out to further undermine Tehran’s freedom of navigation in the critical waterway.

“The United States holds Iran accountable for its recent unjustified attacks on commercial vessels and civilian sailors in critical international waterways,” he added in a statement.

Several explosions were reported in other coastal areas of Iran, including Konarak and Chabahar.

Iranian state television reported eight explosions in Bandar Abbas and said two missiles hit the ports of Sirik and Jask – also in southern Iran.

It added that two projectiles had attacked Abu Musa Island, the site of a long-running ownership dispute between Iran and the United Arab Emirates.

Iran’s government media reported that air defense systems were activated in Bandar Abbas.

Although the extent of the damage caused by the US strike is not yet known, Iranian media reported that the Chabahar force had been cut off and a fire had broken out at an Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) base in Bushehr.

Two of the three power lines that were cut in Chabahar were quickly restored, and the third will be operational soon, according to the Iranian Students’ News Agency.

During a meeting with reporters on Air Force One on Wednesday evening, the US president said Iran “called a while ago” and said it wanted to make a deal “very badly”.

“I don’t know if they’re qualified to make a deal — I don’t know if they’re going to honor the deal, that’s the problem,” Trump added.



Source link

اترك ردّاً

لن يتم نشر عنوان بريدك الإلكتروني. الحقول الإلزامية مشار إليها بـ *