The French Open has a “good” meeting with the players in the tennis debate | Tennis news


The director of Roland Garros negotiates more revenue sharing with the players’ representatives.

Representatives of the world’s top tennis players, who are campaigning for a bigger share of the Grand Slam prize, and the organizers of the French Open will take part in an advocacy meeting on the matter, the French Tennis Federation (FFT) said on the eve of the tournament.

The FFT, represented among others by the director of Roland Garros and former women’s world champion Amelie Mauresmo, met with the players’ representatives on Friday at the end of the tournament. to be ignored media the day before the French Open.

Recommended Articles

list of 4 itemsend of series

“(The meeting) has allowed the FFT and players’ representatives to engage in open and transparent negotiations on a number of issues,” the union said in a press release on Saturday.

“As these discussions require more time, all parties have agreed to continue discussions and meet again in the coming weeks.”

A source close to the talks told news agency AFP earlier on Saturday that the FFT had “agreed to hold direct talks with the players” involved in the strike, which include internationals Jannik Sinner and Aryna Sabalenka.

As the organizer of the Paris Grand Slam, the FFT is “committed to responding to the players’ actions in the coming weeks,” the source added.

From March 2025, a group of around 20 top-ranked players on the ATP and WTA tours will be trying get a large share of the money produced by the Grand Slam tournaments.

The players involved want a share of 22 percent of this revenue by 2030, compared to about 15 percent currently.

To show their displeasure, the 20 players have reduced their television commitments to 15 minutes on Friday and Saturday, during the two days set for pre-match press conferences and interviews at Roland Garros.

Representatives of the world’s top players, especially the sponsors, will now hold talks with the organizers of Wimbledon and the US Open at two separate meetings scheduled to take place at the end of Roland Garros.

However, no meeting is currently planned with the organizers of the Australian Open.

In addition to better distribution of money at Grand Slam tournaments, tour stars also want to participate in major decisions related to the four most famous tournaments of the international tennis calendar.

They also want the Grand Slam tournament to spend more on the “well-being” of players, for example health care, maternity leave and pensions.

Mauresmo, a former champion of the Australian Open and Wimbledon, said on Thursday that the French Open prize it will not change this year.



Source link

اترك ردّاً

لن يتم نشر عنوان بريدك الإلكتروني. الحقول الإلزامية مشار إليها بـ *