"I will be honest and fair".. Ancelotti decides Neymar’s role at the World Cup


The Italian coach responded to the dismissal of the Chelsea star

The controversy surrounding Neymar’s inclusion or absence in Brazil’s final squad for the 2026 World Cup has dominated football news around the world in recent weeks, and the final answer has arrived today.

Italian Carlo Ancelotti announced the list of Seleção for the next World Cup, headed by the name of Neymar.

At the museum tomorrow, where Ancelotti revealed the list, there was a few seconds of applause after Neymar’s image was revealed on the main screen, accompanied by the Italian coach’s voice. How did he explain his stance on selecting the Santos star in the list, despite questions about his physical and technical condition compared to other stars who may be clearly superior to him?

 

Decisive participation in the World Championship.

“We evaluate Neymar throughout the year,” Ancelotti said after publishing the list. “He is an important player and he will have an important role in this World Cup. He has the same role and responsibilities as the other 25 players.”

He said about his possible participation in the World Cup. “He can play or not play, or enter the field, or sit on the bench. He has the same responsibility as others. He is an experienced player.”

According to Globo website, the Brazilian coach continued. “I want to be simple, sincere and honest. He will play if he deserves to play. Training will determine that. I think it’s important not to put all the expectations on one player.”

Also read: Morocco’s message to bid farewell to Carvajal

Determining factor of choice: physical condition

Ancelotti continued. “The grade all year was limited physically, and we always talk about that. There was always a physical aspect to it. He played regularly in the last matches. He can improve his fitness before the first World Cup match. His experience in these types of tournaments and the love he has in the team can help create an atmosphere that allows him to bring out his best.”

The last time Neymar played for Brazil was on October 17, 2023, when they lost to Uruguay 2-0 in the qualifying round of the World Cup. That day, he suffered a serious bruise on his left knee and had to undergo an operation. Because of this, the star was sidelined for more than a year.

Also read: Yamal’s rival… Al-Nasr is fighting with 4 clubs to kidnap one of the stars of La Liga.

After returning to “Santos” from January 2025, Neymar also underwent surgery on the meniscus of his left knee in December last year.

In 2026, Neymar did not receive any other serious injuries.

The Brazilian star is undergoing a load control program, which in practice means choosing which matches he will play and which he will sit out to avoid muscle fatigue.

Neymar underwent a medical examination on Monday after suffering pain in his right calf during the match against Curitiba.

Neymar continued to announce the list of the team participating in the World Cup at his home, accompanied by his family and friends.

Neymar and Joao Pedro. Ancelotti commented on the departure of the “Chelsea” star.

Regarding comparisons with other players who some believe deserve to join the national team, such as Chelsea star Joao Pedro, Ancelotti said: “We have a lot to consider. Football is very difficult in Brazil. It’s hard to compare. There are also individual characteristics of the players. We are sad for Joao Pedro. select other players”.

Read also: They are waiting for the intervention of the Moroccan embassy… Serious injuries of an army fan in the Republic of South Africa.

The striker of “Santos” played 15 matches this year, scoring 6 goals and 4 assists. In 2025, he participated in 28 matches, becoming the author of 11 goals and four assists.

Neymar is the best scorer in the history of the Brazilian national team with 79 goals in 128 official matches.



Source link

اترك ردّاً

لن يتم نشر عنوان بريدك الإلكتروني. الحقول الإلزامية مشار إليها بـ *