Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124

US Senator Mitch McConnell says he will not return to the Senate “yet” after suffering a fall and “a mild case of pneumonia”.
It was the first statement from the 84-year-old Kentucky Republican after weeks of speculation about his health since he was hospitalized in mid-June.
In addition to the statement, McConnell posted a photo of himself with his wife in what appeared to be Sunday’s Washington Post newspaper.
“You all know how often people of my generation hesitate to share the vulnerability that comes with aging,” he said in a statement from his office on Sunday.
“Even in the public eye, I feel the same way – I can’t help it.”
McConnell mentioned his childhood polio and the ongoing “mobility challenges” he faces as a result.
“It hasn’t been easy for them to manage properly with age. And last month I collapsed and was hospitalized,” he said.
“My doctors confirmed that I didn’t break any bones or suffer any complications. I didn’t have a heart attack or stroke. I didn’t have any tumors or bleeding. But I passed out briefly and was taken to the hospital,” the statement read.
“I have been dealing with a mild case of pneumonia for the past several weeks while receiving excellent care.”
The statement said McConnell had been transferred from hospital care to a rehabilitation center.
“As much as it frustrates me, this process will take time. And on the advice of my doctors, I can’t go back to the Senate floor to vote just yet.”
Calls for information on the condition of McConnell, who holds the title of longest-serving caucus leader in US history, have intensified this week as his hospital stay approaches a month.
He was admitted for treatment on June 14, according to the staff.
The aides did not provide any details about the reason for his hospital stay or what type of treatment he was receiving.
The Kentucky senator’s team “He’s receiving excellent care” and “continues to improve,” he said on July 2. But according to that statement and a phone call with a few people, he has not been seen in public or photographed.