Trump says Xi assured him that China will not send weapons to Iran | Donald Trump News


The US president also says he may strike Iran again if progress on a ceasefire is not made within ‘days’.

United States President Donald Trump has said that Chinese leader Xi Jinping has assured him that Beijing will not send weapons to Iran in the ongoing war.

The comments on Tuesday came after Trump returned from a three-day trip to China last week, after which the US president praised several trade deals but did not make much headway on the US-Israel war against Iran.

Recommended Articles

list of things 3end of series

It also came as Russian President Vladimir Putin made a personal visit to China, continuing a longstanding relationship with Beijing that has calmed Washington. Moscow also, for many years, to give weapons in Iran.

“President Xi has promised me that he will not send any weapons to Iran. That’s a very good promise. I stand by him,” Trump told reporters at an event held on the White House football complex.

He also said that Xi wants the Strait of Hormuz to be opened “like me”.

Trump and his administration sent conflicting messages before going to China, suggesting that they hope Beijing will use its influence in Iran to help end a permanent war while at the same time rejecting the idea that the war will be a major topic of discussion with Xi.

There have been few signs since the meeting that China, which has largely avoided participation, will participate more quickly.

Trump says the US may attack Iran again

Trump spoke shortly after issuing a new threat against Iran, saying in a social media post that “the clock is ticking” to reach a long-term end to the ceasefire that has been in place since April 8.

Monday, Trump he said he had caught the “plot” he had planned.

He said he made the decision at the request of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, adding, “Major negotiations are underway now.”

Iran’s semiofficial Tasnim News Agency reported on Monday that Iran has proposed a 14-point peace plan to end the war, although details were not immediately available.

Trump discussed the attack on Iran on Tuesday, telling reporters that he “has an hour left to decide to go today”.

Trump said he had agreed to give Iran “a few days” to return to negotiations.

“Maybe Friday, Saturday, Sunday, something, maybe early next week, short term,” he said.

“We need to give them more attention. I don’t know,” he added.

For his part, the head of Iran’s national security committee, Ebrahim Azizi, insisted that Mr. Trump was not affected by the talks but by fear of Iran’s reaction to the new attacks.

He said the new attack by the US meant “facing a strong military response by the allied world”.

“Power is the only language they understand,” he added.



Source link

اترك ردّاً

لن يتم نشر عنوان بريدك الإلكتروني. الحقول الإلزامية مشار إليها بـ *