Another Israeli attack kills 7 in Lebanon as death toll exceeds 3,000 | Israel attacks Lebanon News


Beirut, Lebanon – Israel’s attack across Lebanon kills at least seven people despite the support of the United States increasing fire resistance.

The attacks on Monday came three days after Lebanese and Israeli officials held talks in Washington, DC, which led to an agreement to extend their 45-day ceasefire. Israel has repeatedly violated the agreement, which was first agreed in April.

Recommended Articles

list of 4 itemsend of series

Those killed on Monday included Wael Abdel Halim, the leader of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad group, and his 17-year-old daughter, Rama, who died when an Israeli jet targeted a house in the town of Douris in the Baalbek district of eastern Lebanon. Ministry of Health in Lebanon.

In the Jalil Palestinian refugee camp outside the city of Baalbek, many mourners walked through the camp after the attack.

Israeli strikes continued in southern Lebanon with attacks reported in Hanaway, Dibal, Deir Ammar, Deir Amess and Meirka in the district of Tire, according to Al Jazeera Arabic correspondents on the ground. Other attacks took place in Harouf and other areas in the south.

Later on Monday, Lebanon’s Ministry of Health said the number of people killed since Israel began attacking the country on March 2 reached at least 3,020, while another 9,273 were injured.

Continued hostility

Last week’s talks to extend the ceasefire were the third round of US-led talks, which began with the first direct meeting between Lebanese and Israeli representatives in decades.

Under the agreement, the US-led security process is expected to begin on May 29 with further talks expected on June 2 and 3 in Washington, DC.

However, the new talks have done little to stop an Israeli war that its military insists is aimed at Hezbollah, which openly opposes talks with Israel.

The Israeli army has been bombing southern Lebanon and continues to occupy the area while the Lebanese army is also involved in the fighting.

Hezbollah said on Monday that it targeted an Israeli bulldozer and a drone near Deir Siryan and shot down an Israeli warplane in the same area. The army also said it would fire rockets at a meeting of Israeli soldiers and military vehicles in Rashaf in southern Lebanon.

Violence continues to haunt civilians in Lebanon. On Monday, the Israeli army ordered residents of the southern Lebanese villages of Harouf, Borj El Chmali and Debaal to leave their homes before the incident.

Military instructions to civilians to move to open areas before demonstrations escalate, which lead to evacuations.

Israel said it had hit more than 30 targets in southern Lebanon, claiming the sites belonged to Hezbollah. It added that the targets included weapons depots, observation posts and buildings used to coordinate attacks.

In a statement posted on social media, the Israeli army also said it had killed several Hezbollah fighters planning “terrorist plots” against Israeli forces.

Forced migration

According to reports from Tire in southern Lebanon, Al Jazeera’s Obaida Hitto said the bombing had intensified despite the ceasefire.

“It’s been another day of violence here in southern Lebanon,” Hitto said.

“Israel started the day by ordering the evacuation of four towns and villages in the south of the country.

“An attack was also reported in Az-Zrariyah on a moving vehicle while another attack in Tayr Debba resulted in several injuries.”

Hitto said Israel had focused its firepower in the past two days in the western Bekaa Valley, Marjayoun district and Nabatieh district, targeting villages including Yohmor, Yohmor Shgeir, Zawtar el-Charqiyeh and Sohmor.

“There were also other strikes by Israeli planes and drones around the city of Bint Jbeil,” he said.

“All of this has led to a huge crisis in supporting the more than one million people who have been displaced. The situation is getting worse as Israel has issued five more evacuation orders this evening, causing many people to flee to areas that were previously unmonitored or thought to be safe.

“And all this because of the prevention of the war was increased. But we have seen something very different. We are seeing the increase of Israel in the south of Lebanon.”

According to the Danish Refugee Council, more than 1.2 million people were forced from their homes between March and April because of the war.



Source link

اترك ردّاً

لن يتم نشر عنوان بريدك الإلكتروني. الحقول الإلزامية مشار إليها بـ *